Before any aesthetic treatment, you should take the time to figure out whether it’s right for you. Here at Aesthetic Skin Clinic, we understand the importance of getting the results you’re looking for, which is why we would never promote a treatment to somebody just to sell them a product. We’re results-driven and medically trained, so we understand the importance of choosing the right treatment for you and your body.
So, today we’re helping you decide whether going through with facial fillers is right for you based on your insecurities, problem areas, medical needs, and appearance goals. To do this, we’ll delve into all the information surrounding facial fillers, including their benefits and disadvantages; let’s take a look.
What Are Facial Fillers?
Facial fillers, otherwise known as dermal fillers, are injections used to smooth and soften the appearance of lines, grooves, and wrinkles. This aesthetic treatment is often chosen to assist with enhancing a particular area of the face or to restore lost volume and facial structure. In addition, facial fillers are usually injected to give a more youthful appearance.
Dermal fillers can be injected into several areas of the face, including:
Each process provides the treated area with a volumised, rejuvenated, and hydrated appearance.
During your appointment, our professional and highly experienced team will administer either Restylane or Juvéderm to the chosen area. We believe these brands offer the most natural-looking results, which is a priority for our patients and our team. This is because they are made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance responsible for water retention in our skin.
Who Should Consider Facial Fillers?
There are several reasons why someone would consider facial fillers, with most people choosing them for their anti-ageing effects. For example, the face ages quicker than other areas of the body, so some people will turn to aesthetic procedures such as our dermal fillers to give them a restored and youthful glow.
Additionally, dermal fillers are a popular choice amongst the younger generation in their early 20s who want to feel more confident and feel they would benefit from a luscious plump pout or sharper jawline. However, for whatever reason you’re considering facial fillers, make sure you think about it thoroughly and decide for yourself whether it’s right for you. If you’re unsure whether this is the right treatment for you, our expert practitioners are available to offer advice. Book your consultation to discuss your options discreetly and in detail.
Advantages of Facial Fillers
Before going ahead, exploring the advantages and disadvantages of a cosmetic treatment is essential. So, let’s look at the benefits of facial fillers to help you decide whether they’re right for you.
- Restores lost volume. As mentioned, one of the main reasons people choose facial fillers as their preferred anti-ageing method is that they provide restored volume to your facial structure. As the skin ages, it loses its elasticity, causing a sagging appearance, which many try to rectify. Facial fillers restore this elasticity and give volume to the treated area.
- Fast recovery time. Facial filler recovery time can be quick. However, some patients will suffer from slight tenderness, swelling, and bruising.
- Create a bespoke look. Facial fillers can be completely bespoke; there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to this treatment. For example, if you want a more subtle look, we’ll use less product, but if you want your results to be more noticeable, we can provide this as well.
Disadvantages of Facial Fillers
Although we may be biased, there are not many disadvantages to choosing facial fillers. However, our duty as your practitioners is to give you the whole picture and allow you to make your mind up based on the facts.
- Dermal fillers are not permanent. Some people consider the lack of permanence a disadvantage of facial fillers; however, we believe that this allows you to adjust your look as time goes on.
- Some patients will have longer recovery times. Sometimes, patients will suffer from more swelling, bruising, and tenderness for longer than usual. In these cases call us if you are concerned.
- Choosing an unreputable clinic will cause a long list of problems. Nowadays, it is very easy to choose an unreputable clinic if they offer low prices. However, the side effects of choosing these clinics could leave you with permanent damage. Therefore, always choose a clinic with medially-trained practitioners, such as ourselves.
We can’t wait to hear from you and get you started on your facial filler journey.