A lot of people get wrinkles throughout their life, and they can appear depending on the life that person has lived. For example, you can get wrinkles if you smile a lot, but you can also get them if you have smoked for a considerable amount of time.
However, if there’s one thing that people around the world don’t want to have, it’s wrinkles. There are a lot of ways in which you can stay wrinkle free, and here are some of them.
What Are Wrinkles?
To keep wrinkle free, you need to know what wrinkles are and what types of wrinkles there are. A wrinkle is a ridge or crease within the skin that typically appear due to aging processes. Some of these processes include what sleeping position you are in and a loss of body mass, and these can also be worsened by facial expressions, sun damage, smoking, and poor hydration, as well as other factors.
A lot of these affect the skin on other areas of the body, but it is very common to see wrinkles appearing on the face. These wrinkles all have different names associated with them, and they include the following:
- Crow’s Feet – these wrinkles occur at the outer corner of the eyes and typically arise due to laughing, which is why they are sometimes referred to as laughter lines
- Glabellar Lines – these occur in between the eyebrows and above the nose. They emerge due to excessive frowning, which is why they are also known as frown lines
- Forehead Wrinkles – these occur when the occipitofrontalis muscles within the forehead move to create wrinkles running across the length of the forehead
- Nasolabial Folds – these appear around the corners of the mouth and occur due to excessive smiling and grinning, which is why they are also called smile lines
- Lip Lines – regular lip movements generally cause these, sadly making them unavoidable. If you are a smoker, they are also known as smoker’s lines, because the effects of smoking and pressing the lips together can enhance the appearance of these wrinkles
How Do You Stop These Wrinkles?
If you are a smoker, the best way to stop the advancement of wrinkles is to stop smoking. Smoking can greatly speed up the wrinkling process of the skin, so halting the main effect is one step closer to achieving your goal.
If you are not a smoker, one of the main things that you could do to stay wrinkle free is to use a moisturiser to ensure that the skin remains plump and free of any dry patches. Increasing the amount of omega-3 can also reduce the onset of wrinkles, however, these factors are only beneficial for people preparing to stay wrinkle-free; these don’t really work if you already have wrinkles. If this is the case, the Aesthetic Skin Clinic have the solution for you.
One way to remove wrinkles is to invest in dermal fillers; these are injectable products that can correct wrinkles and other forms of depression or fold. Fillers work by plumping the area around the area where the wrinkle is visible, and they can last from six months to many years.
The other way in which you can remove wrinkles is to undergo anti-wrinkle injections; these injections contain a protein that immobilises the muscles within the face that cause the wrinkles in the first place. For example, the muscles that are used when you frown, laugh, or smile are restrained by this protein, and thus halts the appearance of wrinkles.
So, now you know that wrinkles aren’t the end of the world, and they can be treated. At the Aesthetic Skin Clinic, we specialise in providing high quality non-surgical treatments to ensure that you feel confident in yourself and to make yourself feel happy with your body.
If you want to know more about the services mentioned above and more, then please get in touch today and one of our skincare specialists will be more than happy to help.